Nampa Chip Sealing Begins June 3
The City of Nampa Street Division will begin chip sealing streets Mon., June 3, 2019.
Chip sealing is a common, cost effective, pavement maintenance practice that extends pavement life and improves driving surface. Chip sealing is about one-fourth to one-fifth the cost of a conventional asphalt overlay.
This year, 12 arterial road sections and six subdivisions will be chip sealed. Arterials will be chip sealed before subdivisions with the first arterial road being S. Canyon St. from Lake Lowell Ave. to 12th Ave. S. followed by W. Iowa Ave. from 12th Ave. S. to Midland. (A complete list and map are located below.) Staff hopes to complete chipping, fog sealing, paint and thermoplastic applications by early August.
Important reminders for drivers and residents:
- The speed zone in chip zones areas is 20 mph.
- Please help keep workers safe. Be mindful of crews working in chip seal areas.
- Parking on streets during the chip seal process is prohibited from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Once signage is removed, street parking may be resumed. Every attempt will be made to notify owners of vehicles parked in the right of way prior to towing.
2019 CHIP SEALING SCHEDULE
(Scheduled between approx. June 3– August 1, weather permitting)
- S Canyon St from 12th Ave S to Lake Lowell Ave
- W Iowa Ave from 12th Ave S to S Midland Blvd
- S Midland Blvd from W Dooley Ln to W Greenhurst Rd
- W Dooley Ln from 12th Ave S to S Midland Blvd
- W Locust Ln from Shipman Cir to S Raintree Drive
- Sunnyridge Rd from E Greenhurst Rd to W Locust Ln
- Blakeslee Dr from E Greenhurst Rd to S Powerline Rd
- E Greenhurst Rd from S Powerline Rd to S Juniper St
- 11th Ave S from W Roosevelt Ave to 3rd St S
- 7th St S from 12th Ave S to N Yale St
- 7th Ave S from Lonestar Rd to 3rd St S
- 1st St S from Northside Blvd to 11th Ave S