NAMPA PLANNING AND ZONING DEPARTMENT
500 12th Avenue South
APPLICATIONS & ASSISTANCE
The Nampa Development Services Center will be open to the public effective February 16, 2021. Closures will be re-evaluated continually based on the public health situation and consultation from our local health district. City service departments are fully staffed and operational.
Planning & Zoning staff will continue providing services through online services. Meetings, if needed, will be scheduled by appointment, or take place via virtual platform. Applications may continue to be submitted online or to email@example.com. Please call (208) 468-4430, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, for assistance.
PLANNING & ZONING PUBLIC MEETINGS
Planning & Zoning Commission and City Council meetings will continue to be held remotely and in-person; online participation is encouraged. Public hearings will be noticed as usual and will offer webinar testimony and distanced in-person testimony, if required. More information is available at https://cityofnampa.us/1334/Virtual-Public-Hearing-Instructions.
VIRTUAL PUBLIC HEARING INSTRUCTIONS
To sign up to speak at an upcoming Planning and Zoning Public Hearing before the Nampa Planning and Zoning Commission or before the Nampa City Council, please click .
CURRENT PLANNING AND ZONING APPLICATION INFORMATION For information about current applications being processed by the Planning and Zoning Department please navigate to the Agendas, Audio, Minutes, Notices, Staff Reports portion of the Agenda Center webpage and scroll down past the City Council to the Planning & Zoning Commission Section. Click on the date of an upcoming meeting to view the agenda and the associated Planning and Zoning Staff Reports (published the Thursday prior the meeting-hearing date). Please contact the Department via email or phone for any further information or submit a Records Request via the Clerk’s Office.
Nampa Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plan Story Map
The Nampa Bike & Pedestrian Master Plan Story Map includes information on: 1) Introduction, 2) Vision + Goals, 3) Benefits of Walking + Biking, 4) Public Outreach, 5) Facility Types, and 6) Network Recommendations.
Frequently Requested Information
- Appeal Application
- Application Time Frames
- Comprehensive Plan
- Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use Map
- Minimum Parking Requirements
- Planning and Zoning Application Forms
- Planning and Zoning Fees
- Public Records Request
- Requests for Reconsideration of City Council Decisions on Planning and Zoning Applications
- Zoning Map
- Annually review and amend the zoning and subdivision ordinances, and the comprehensive plan with emphasis on updates to promote smart growth.
- Advise the public, Planning and Zoning Commission, Mayor, City Council and department heads in planning & zoning matters.
- Coordinate and strengthen relationships with Canyon County in their planning and zoning efforts within the Nampa Area of City Impact.
- Assist in downtown revitalization efforts through participating in ongoing planning for the area.
- Assist in the economic and community development activities of the City of Nampa in every way possible.