The mission of Facilities Development is to provide technical and operational support for the City's facilities through value added services. We do this through the design, development, operation, and maintenance of City facilities while continually seeking energy efficiency opportunities and improvements for the environmental health of the spaces shared by our employees and Nampa's citizens.
We strive to achieve our goal of providing a single comprehensive service based program that focuses on preventative maintenance, long term facilities planning and operational savings by providing solid leadership, competent staff, and continued skill training.
Facilities Development provides preventative maintenance, repair, and custodial services on City owned buildings. We also perform alterations requested by our customers and manage various contracts for outside services such as pest control, fire extinguisher, elevator maintenance, HVAC and controls, etc.
Facilities & Buildings
The City of Nampa has over 1.2 million square-feet of building space and has been a leader in utilizing local utility partnerships for energy conservation. Facilities Development will continue to seek programs that provide opportunities for facility improvement through grant and rebate programs that offer a low net cost with favorable Return on Investment.
Facilities Development programs include:
- Project management for the design and construction of new and remodeled City facilities
- Contract management for various building related services
- Maintenance and repair of City buildings and structures
- Building operations, including custodial services
- Energy Management and Green Building programs
- Facility strategic planning
- Facility condition assessment of City buildings