Franklin Boulevard Mobility Project
The City of Nampa and the Local Highway Technical Assistance Council (LHTAC) are making plans to improve safety and mobility along Franklin Boulevard between I-84 and East Plaza Loop in Nampa.
Growth has produced traffic that exceeds the roadway capacity and delays freight and commercial deliveries. A technical study completed in 2017 determined traffic operations along Franklin Boulevard could be
- Relocating approaches close to eastbound I-84 ramps
- Increasing turning radius for large trucks
- Increasing distance between intersections
Process & Schedule
- Develop a range of improvement options
- Conduct an environmental scan and traffic analysis of the project area
- Contact residents and businesses to discuss the project
- Select a subset of improvements for further evaluation
- Meet with project area residents and business to gather input on the range of improvements
- Recommend one improvement to move forward to preliminary design
City of Nampa and LHTAC are committed to working with the Nampa community during the project. They welcome public input and are available to answer project questions. Property owners, businesses and residents will have an opportunity to participate in this project.
Thank you for participating in the Franklin Mobility Improvement Project online meeting.
Your comments will help the project team evaluate and determine a “best option” to improve safety and mobility along Franklin Boulevard south of I-84.The project team will submit a recommended option to the Nampa City Council in May/June 2021.
Please continue to check the project website to learn about the recommended option!