Proposed Rate Increases
PUBLIC HEARING FEBRUARY 1 FOR PROPOSED UTILITY RATE INCREASES
The City of Nampa invites the community to comment on the proposed increases to various utility related fees at a public hearing Mon., February 1, 2021 beginning at 6:30 p.m.
If approved by council, residential customers could expect the below rate increases beginning March 1, 2021:
- Domestic water rates are estimated to increase by approximately 74 cents per month or 5.0%.
- Sewer rates are estimated to increase by approximately $2.92 per month or 8.75%. (Note this increase was part of the sewer revenue bond approved by Nampa residents in May 2018).
- Irrigation rates, billed annually, are estimated to increase by approximately 52 cents per month, or $6.25 annually, or by 5%.
- Domestic and irrigation water miscellaneous fees are estimated to increase by approximately 26 cents per month, or 1.76%. Miscellaneous fees are used for the turn on and shut off of the delivery systems, repairing lines, and meter work.
If approved by council, the average residential customer could see a rate increase of approximately $3.66 per month for their water and sewer services.
The Nampa City Council discussed proposed increases to various utility related fees at the August 3, 2020 council meeting. Due to the current economic climate of many residents and businesses impacted by the coronavirus, increases were delayed at that time, but Council members voted to revisit the needed increases in 2021.
Also included in the February 1 public hearing, and if approved by council, development customers could expect irrigation hookup fees to increase beginning March 1, 2021. For more information, regarding class and proposed fees please visit, https://www.cityofnampa.us/1065/Rates-and-Resolutions.
There are various options to submit public testimony:
- In-person testimony at Nampa City Hall (411 3rd St. S.) February 1 beginning at 6:30 p.m.; please note that seating is limited at Nampa City Hall due to physical distancing.
- Virtual testimony to comment via Teams platform at council meeting (must sign up by noon on February 1 through Clerk's office).
- Email testimony to email@example.com or mail to the Clerk’s office at Nampa City Hall (411 3rd St. S., Nampa ID 83651). In order to be added to council packet, public comments must be received by Clerk’s Office by 5 p.m. January 27.
- Additional options may be available by calling the Clerk's Office at (208) 468-5426.