Residential Requirements

Residential 2.jpg

Permitted Uses and Conditional Uses by District/Zone

Residential Zoning Designations

In-Home Businesses & In-Home Daycare Businesses

The City of Nampa requires an In-Home Business or Daycare to submit registration information to the Planning and Zoning Department. There is a one-time $90 registration fee required.

A home occupation (or home based business) is defined as an accessory use of a residence for gainful employment of a person residing on that property.

Daycare home occupations are restricted to a minimum of 6 children. If the daycare provider/resident wishes to provide care for 7-12 children, a conditional use permit shall be required. A Fire Inspection from the Nampa Fire Department is also required to complete this registration.

Kennel Licenses (Non-Commercial)

A kennel License is required for any property owner that keeps more than two (2) dogs over the age of 6 months. The property owner must first obtain a Conditional Use Permit. Upon approval of the CUP, the owner must maintain an annual kennel license.


An $8 fence permit is required to install, relocate, or make major repairs to a residential fence. It is important to contact the Planning and Zoning office, at 468-5484, to verify the correct location for fence placement. When submitting for a fence permit, please use the site plan that is most like the property making the request, or draw one that is accurate. Please provide style of fencing proposed and measurements of setbacks on the site plan.