New businesses and relocating businesses are required to first submit a Certificate of Compliance application to the City of Nampa Building Department. The Certificate of Compliance is reviewed by the Planning and Zoning Department for land use and zoning compliance, the Department of Building Safety for compliance with current building codes and the Nampa Fire Department to log emergency contact information.
Conceptual Plan Review Meeting
If you are looking at properties in Nampa and are concerned about the property's compliance status; a conceptual plan review meeting may be a good tool for you. A conceptual plan review meeting is a meeting with all departments that may or may not have input on your project. It is a free meeting that is held on Thursday mornings. Please download the Conceptual Plan Review form and return it to the Department of Building Safety to be scheduled for the next conceptual plan review meeting. (Appointments in advance are required).
- GB (GB1 and GB2) Gateway Business District
- U University District
- RMH Multiple Family Residential District
- RP Residential Professional District
- BN Neighborhood Business District
- D Downtown Subdistricts (DB, DV, DH)
- BC Community Business District
- BF Freeway Business District
- HC Healthcare District
- IP Industrial Park District
- IL Light Industrial District
- IH Heavy Industrial District
In-Home Businesses & In-Home Daycare Businesses
See the Residential Requirements page for information regarding in-home businesses.