Geographic Information Systems
The City of Nampa's mapping needs are addressed by the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) staff, which is structured under the Engineering Division.
Nampa's GIS developed in a manner similar to many GIS departments; it evolved from an engineering technician position in the 1990's to a GIS section of the Engineering Division presently. Geographical data maintenance has matured from using simple AutoCAD utility and zoning maps, to converting the CAD files to GIS format, to collecting GIS data with GPS units, to a full-fledged city-wide GIS involving multiple departments utilizing hundreds of data layers.
To provide accurate and structured spatial information to Nampa's GIS consumers.
- City Map
- Comprehensive Plan / Future Land Use Map
- Floodplain Map
- Kohlerlawn Cemetery Map
- Municipal Irrigation District Map
- North Nampa Revitalization Area Map
- Old Nampa Neighborhood Association Map
- Parks Interactive Map
- Pathways Interactive Map
- Pathway Map
- Public Works Asset Management Zones Map
- Subdivision Map
- Transportation Plan Maps
- Traffic Impact Study Interactive Map
- University District Map
- Urban Renewal District
- Urban Renewal District Mercy
- Zoning Map