Idaho Center Advisory Commission
MISSION AND PURPOSE
The Idaho Center Advisory Commission was created and operates in accordance with City Ordinances.
The purpose and duties of the Idaho Center Advisory Commission is to advise the Mayor and Council with regard to the operation, maintenance, and improvement of the Idaho Center.
The mission of the Idaho Center Advisory Commission is to maximize the benefit of the Ford Idaho Center to the people and community of Nampa by assuring long term viability, enlarging economic impact and promoting tourism and travel to the Nampa area.
In support of this mission, the Idaho Center Advisory Commission will:
- Participate in long range planning as needed in order to assure continued viability for the Ford Idaho Center
- Serve as a liaison group between the Ford Idaho Center, the Mayor’s Office and the Nampa City Council
- Promote tourism and travel in conjunction with the Ford Idaho Center events; including the Arena; the Amphitheater, and the Horsepark venues
- Work with the Ford Idaho Center staff and the City of Nampa to explore future funding mechanisms for operations, capital needs and renovations, including pursuing county, state and federal revenue sources
- Provide leadership to the Ford Idaho Center and the City of Nampa in recognizing the Ford Idaho Center as an institution that provides extensive benefits to the City of Nampa, Canyon County, and the State of Idaho
- Work with the Ford Idaho Center staff and the City of Nampa to enhance the economic impact and benefits of the Ford Idaho Center to the private and public sectors in the Nampa area
DJ Weibold, Vice-Chairman
Darl Bruner, City Council Representative
Robin Collins, ICAC Secretary
The Idaho Center Advisory Commission meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at 4:00 pm at the Ford Idaho Center.
NOTE: THE IDAHO CENTER ADVISORY COMMISSION WILL NOT BE MEETING IN JANUARY OR FEBRUARY OF THIS YEAR. We have had vacancies on the board, a transition with management at the Idaho Center, and two (2) new City Council members. We would like to take this time to re-group and strategize on the mission and goals for this commission, along with appointing the appropriate commissioners to serve. We hope to begin meeting again in March of 2016.
MEETING AGENDAS and MINUTES
For more information about the Idaho Center Advisory Commission, or to be added to the agenda, please contact Robin Collins.